Dark Skin Girls

Growing up, I was always raised with love and a sense of pride in who I am. My mother instilled in myself and siblings that we all are beautiful regardless of color, size, or hair texture. So when I hear things about people hating themselves because of the way they were born it really hurts me. Because how does one not love themselves? I can't fathom that. I believe it starts from the home, how you were raised. Thats where you learn right from wrong. It's the ignorance from society that will then influence you and lead you on the path of negativity if you choose to follow. I believe that racism on all levels is despicable, it is expected from other races different from your own, (sometimes) but when it's from your own people it's the lowest form of ignorance possible. I believe people should uplift and not try to tare people down because we are all one at the end of the day.


I stumbled across this documentary preview and encourage you to press play... it's definitely is an eye opener



Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.


MissRich Tip: LOVE YOURSELF and others <3

2 comments:

  1. I was saddened by this when I saw it. My family always made me feel beautiful b/c of my dark skin I wish everyone had the same upbringing that I did. In Jr High I was made fun of for being so dark but over the years I got my confidence back and my fiancee LOVES my skintone.
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I wish everyone would embrace themselves, and love the skin they're in! It's a wonderful feeling!...

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete